~That Purple Thang – Notion Review~
Sometimes you just need something to help you push, poke and pull. Lucky for you then there is That Purple Thang! This little notion does all that and more. The most prominent feature of this gadget is it’s color, as you guessed, it’s Purple! There are lot’s of things this notion can do how about we take a look and see more.
Features of That Purple Thang
Here are some of the features listed on the packaging of That Purple Thang:
- It makes its own uses!
Who needs it?
- Pretty much everyone who uses a sewing machine!
- In fact it is a great tool for kids learning how to sew. They can use it in place of a sharp metal stiletto
Watch it in action!
What does That Purple Thang really do?
Aside from the cute description on the packaging it really does do lots of things. Let’s take a closer look at it.
- It measures 6″ long with a 1/4″ square at one side (which makes for a fantastic quick measurement guide).
- The other end has a curve with a soft rounded tip. This side is what I would refer to as the Stiletto side.
- Typical stilettos are made with from metal and can be sharp. If you want to slip this into your sewing kit you don’t need to worry about poking your finger tip.
- Because the tip isn’t sharp, it makes for a great kid stiletto.
- On the body, closer to the 1/4″ square is a 1/2″ long slit. You can slip a ribbon through this and wear That Purple Thang around your neck. You can also feed elastic through and use it in place of a bodkin.
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
Where do get?
Check with your local fabric shop or big box craft store or here are some links on line:
If you liked this post and would like to see more similar be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and to my newsletter!
Here are some other post you might enjoy!