~By Annie Stiletto and Pressing Tool – Notion review~
The By Annie Stiletto & Pressing tool was designed by Annie Unrein in 2015. She is an amazing pattern designer, has several Craftsy Classes and even designs her own foam stabilizer, Soft and Stable and so much more!
Annie is a really creative and talented designer. It was an honor to interview her while creating my video for this notion.
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service I haven’t used myself and love! (learn more)
Here are Annie’s Craftsy Classes – just click below for a 25% discount!
Other supplies you might like
Annie has this fantastic foam materials. It is called Soft and Stable, check out below the different varieties.
Watch the video
What does it look like?
- 6-1/2″ long with a 1-1/4″ point
- Clear plastic tube (reminds me of a fish tank tube) covers the end
- Point reminds me of a fine nail file
- Lots of curves which fits the hand comfortably
- Flat sides so it doesn’t roll off the table
- Wood is high quality European beech and very light-weight – weighs 7gms compared to a traditional pen at 9gms
- Pressing tool at the other end with the perfect angle
How do you use the By Annie Stiletto & Pressing tool?
- Stiletto side can be help on 90 degree angle or like a pencil
- At 90 degree angle is sort of acts like a walking foot helping move the fabric along
- Grips fabric opening seams easily
- Once seam is open, use pressing tool side to smooth out the seam
Who would want this?
- Home decor makers
- Garment sewers
- Machine embroidery enthusiast
- But not rowdy teenagers *watch the video for more info
Where can I get it?
Always support the inventor of an item directly if you can. Head over to byAnnie.com and tell them I sent you! Next, check with your local quilt shop or big box fabric shops. Finally, I found some spots here on the web you can get it too.
If you liked this post and would like to see more similar be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and to my newsletter!
Here are some other post you might enjoy!